Wednesday, December 24, 2008

An Irish Christmas II

Come on in...you are very welcome to our home! Very glad you could stop by! 
Happy Christmas Eve!

I found these cedar boughs and holly leaves up on Sollus and made a wee wreath for our door. It was fun to make and I just love jingly bells! Every time we open our door they seem to say, "Merry Christmas!" (I know, I know! I am really corny...I woke up in this mood and it is just not going away so read on at your own risk!)

"Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa-la-la-la-laaaa, la-la-la-la!" 
(These are especially for you Karen!)

I caught David in the living room enjoying our lovely tree and cozied up with a book. I am sure he just loves it when I burst in on him and start taking pictures of his book and other random objects. He has the patience of Job, that man! 

And finally, one of my favorite ornaments...
This was a gift from the Beighley hunting crew ladies. I was incredibly touched by their thoughtfulness and I think it looks stunning on our tree! I will be sure to post a picture of our tree soon. I keep forgetting to do it at night when the lights show up best. So...more to come!! 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thank you, thank you Melanie! It looks so beautiful! I love the ornament too, and am looking forward to seeing pictures of your tree!

Merry Christmas!