Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pre-Wedding Moments

Here is a majorly over-due update from our summer! I finally have a Saturday that is free from any other commitments and so here I am...ready to bring you some pictures! Before I can show you any Ireland shots though, I thought I should probably do a bit of an update first. So here we go!.. 
This post covers some of the crazy fun that we had before our wedding took place on August 3rd. 


After David arrived in Minnesota, on July 7th, we immediately jumped into our marriage counseling book that had been assigned to us. We had less than a month to go through it all so it was a tiny bit of an overload. But, as you can see, I didn't seem to mind too much...maybe I am just distracted by my sparkly ring!
Mr. and Mrs. Barkman met with us before our wedding and blessed us with their wisdom and example. It was a complete privilege to have them counsel us and have Mr. Barkman marry us. What precious people they are to us! 
Here we are with our official marriage license! That is a significant piece of paper to possess! 
Our family had a few concerts scheduled and one of the last ones was at the Aardahl Lutheran Church. This is where we had one of our very first concerts as well, so it was extremely significant for us to play there again.
Little Elijah enjoyed the concert too!
Dad, Ben, and David all took off one Saturday and enjoyed a good round of golf. Gotta love those sweet Father-in-law/son-in-law bonding moments!
more to come....

2 comments:

Guntzel Girls said...

Hi David and Melanie!
What a fun update! I'm looking forward to more pictures. I have been thinking about you and praying for you! God bless!

Love always,
Amy

Karen said...

Yay for updates! I am looking for to the Ireland pictures....and to seeing Ireland for myself very soon!