Friday, May 22, 2009

Ahoy Mateys!

Operation Mobilization (OM) is a missions organization that I have become acquainted with since meeting David. He spent two years ministering on the Doulos ship as music coordinator. The ships travel all over the world stopping at port after port, spreading the Gospel through music, drama, practical skills, and its large on-board book fair. Recently we got word that their brand new ship, the Logos Hope, would be stopping in Belfast for a few weeks! So off we went, to tour this beautiful vessel of Hope. 

Our day on the ship...


After touring the large book fair for several hours, we relaxed in the cafe and had a nice "cuppa". It was quite spacious and very nicely laid out.

My sister-in-law, Sarah, has decided that she is going on the ship as well for a year or two. I am very excited for her. It is going to be an awesome experience although quite challenging I am sure!


In the evening, we enjoyed a night of praise and I caught a bit of video from the Korean dance that was shared...so beautiful! There are many, many nationalities represented in the volunteers on board. It's a cultural experience like none other!

1 comment:

All in a Day said...

Melanie, I knew you as a small child in Bemidji. How's your oldest sister doing? Any kids? I did the childcare at her wedding. I'll catch up on your blog another day but will get back to bed for now. :)