Friday, June 30, 2006

*
"Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit,
but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves"
~Phillipians 2:3
*
I have to admit that I have been suffering from a mild case of "poor me" syndrome over the past while. Sometimes life just seems to get busier and busier and gets to be too much too handle. Well, at Bible study this morning I suddenly realized what was wrong with my crummy attitude. I have been making it all about me. In my mind I was thinking that this is my life and I wasn't enjoying it as much as I thought I deserved. So as I was reading through Philipians 2:1-11 I was seriously convicted as I saw how Jesus lived His life. He emptied Himself and took on the form of a bondservant.
.
.
*
*
He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death,
even death on a cross. (Phil. 2:8)
*
*
*
*
Well that really put it all into perspective! I can be so selfish sometimes. And you know, I am finding that the more I serve others with a grateful heart, the more I find joy and satisfaction in life. True joy and fulfillment isn't found in a day filled with serving myself, it is found in a day spent serving Jesus and investing in eternity.
I guess that is a foundational truth but sometimes I just have to re-learn the obvious!

No comments: