Friday, September 05, 2008

Update!

Hi All!

I apologize for my lack of posting lately. Sadly, I am unable to post any pictures (although I am dying to!!) until we get a broad band internet connection installed in our new house. For now I will just post you a little journal update. 

We enjoyed our time in Holland very much. It was a very multi-cultural experience as we met people from all over the world. The Operation Mobilization conference we were playing music at was a sending conference for people going out on the mission field for two years or longer. I worked in the "creche" (nursery) for the two weeks and loved listening to all the children speaking their different languages. It's amazing how they can communicate with each other!

Now we are back home in Ireland and getting all settled into our new home. It is so beautiful and I am really looking forward to posting some pictures of it for you soon! 

I love you all! Thanks for praying for us and for your interest in our adventures. It is a blessing to have friends like you in our life. Please write and keep in touch! 

Love,
Melanie and David

5 comments:

Delchi, Krista, Sabria, Ariana and Ivan said...

Hey Mel!
So glad to hear that everything is going well and that you are settling in to your new home. Love you so much and look forward to hearing more and seeing pictures of what you have been up to.
~Krista

Rebecca said...

I am so glad you are getting settled in in your new home. Isn't it such a different life over here? I am really hoping to maybe get over to visit you before this next little one is born. I absolutly cannot wait to see pictures!

Bontrager Family Singers said...

Thanks for posting, Melanie! Did you go to Holland for your honeymoon?
Allison

Becky said...

Hi Melanie,

I've never posted a comment but I've lurked on yours and your sister Mindy's blog for quite some time now. (That sounds creepy!) But it has been with pure delight that I've followed your story thus far. I am also a newlywed (I think I got married just a few weeks before you) and I'm interested in how you're settling in to your new life. My new wife to-do list is enormous and a bit daunting right now! I'll be eagerly awaiting your pictures. In the meantime, drop by my blog and check me out! Best wishes in your new happily ever after!

Freedom's Call Band said...

Hi Melanie!
I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Holland. I can't wait to see pictures of your house! Miss ya!
Eliza