Saturday, February 23, 2008

Winter Fun at BV!

I have so many fond memories of skiing at Buena Vista Ski Area that go back to when I was 5 or 6. Such great times! And today I was able to go back again to enjoy this beautiful spot on earth...this time for the annual dog sled races and some other fun events that were being held there.

My wonderful brother Matt and his sweet family invited me along for a day of winter fun! It was great hanging out with them!

There were horse drawn sleigh rides...

Skijoring...

(in case you have never heard of this amazing sport, it involves cross country skiing while harnessed to a team of 1-3 dogs!)

Crazy brothers playing in the snow!...

And, of course, dog sled racing!...



Lots of fun!


2 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I think I would be tempted in the skijoring event! Doesn't that sound fun, and fast?! I think I may have tried this using our dog a couple years ago...

Karen said...

What fun Melanie....too bad you can't accompany me skiing this weekend! I'll miss you!