Sunday, July 29, 2007

Lift up your eyes

"To whom then will you liken God,
or what likeness compare with him?
*
...Do you not know? Do you not hear?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth?
*
...It is he who sits above the circle of the earth
...who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
and spreads them like a tent to dwell in.
*
Lift up your eyes on high and see..."
Lift up your eyes on high and see..."
*


And behold who has created these things..."
(Isaiah 40:18-26)

5 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

This is such a sweet picture of Elianna!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, uplifting and exhorting post, Melanie! How true...as we look to the Lord...what will compare?? For when our eyes are on HIM, they are then off of ourselves! :)

Hugs to YOU!

BTW--Would you please say "HI" to the Wissmann's for me this weekend?!? I'm only slightly jealous that you get to me with them, and not me![smile]

Anonymous said...

Opps!!! That was supposed to be the word be, not me! :)

Heather said...

Hello! This is my first time dropping by to comment. I thought this was a beautiful post and just wanted to say so! :) God bless you. Heather

Bethany said...

Oh Melanie! That picture is precious and the verse you tied in was absolutely perfect.

(And I'm tickled that I've finally gotten to meet sweet Elianna!) What a blessing it was to see you this past weekend; your sweet spirit is always precious to be around. Love you, Melanie! I'm praying for you while you are in Ireland!