Saturday, January 06, 2007

A new year

"Following Christ"...what does that mean exactly? I am a follower of Christ, but I do not think that I completely comprehend what that means. I am ashamed to say that I often find myself following my own wishes and desires rather than Christ's. A new year is upon me now and it is that time of year for reflection on what has passed and what is to come. Looking back I see many failings and blunders--praise God for all of them. I want to learn from them and endeavor to live this year seeking His face more earnestly and living closer to Him than before. I feel like a little child sometimes, trying to walk in her daddy's big steps, stumbling along in a clumsy way. I am so thankful for my Father's strong hand that is mighty to save--keeping me.


Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
whose mind is stayed on thee:
because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:3

4 comments:

Mindy Caron said...

Mel, sing with me..."This world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through. My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue..."

I love you! This post is wonderful - thank you.

Goldfish said...

That picture is SO appropriate! GREAT post!!! (I found your blog through Bethany's)

Bethany said...

Oh Melanie! What an adorable picture! I love it! And your post is precious -- kept in perfect peace. Not partial or incomplete, but God's all-encompassing perfect peace.

Love you!

Brittney said...

Wow, there couldn't be a more fitting picture to go with your thoughts. How precious. I really appreciated this post... And always enjoy my visits to your blog! God bless you!