Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A frozen expedition

My Berge cousins and the Kastner family invited me to go skating out on their lake. I had a few foreboding thoughts of cracking through the ice and getting trapped underneath, but despite that horrifying notion I went anyway. I am so glad I did…the ice was beautiful, smooth and so clear. We even saw a fat snapping turtle under the ice on the bottom of the lake. It was pretty amazing.


Me, Amanda B., Erica, Janna, Elizabeth, Lilia, Amanda K., and Katelyn

I am so thankful for these girls (in the picture) and their sweet spirits. I felt blessed just being around them. They exemplified to me the verse found in 1 Peter 3:4...

"but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart

with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit,

which in God's sight is very precious."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,
Glad to hear you hadn't fallen through the ice! One of my favorite memories are of ice skating on my grandparents lake up in Ely. Hope you have a nice Christmas!